About Muse Shoppe Creme Featured Contact

BOSTON STRONG

It's Marathon Monday here in Boston.
I get beyond emo about the marathon  . . .
And the runners this year trained during the worst winter in history- literally.

My two fave people in the world earned their medals - and being a spectator on both those days was an unparalleled experience.
I was filled with awe and pride, for them, and the complete strangers who ran beside them.  
 

 I could go on and on but instead I'll let these ad campaigns and real-life images speak for themselves.














In 1967, Kathrine Switzerwas the first woman to enter and complete the Boston Marathon as a numbered entry. She registered under the gender-neutral name of “K.V. Switzer”. After realizing that a woman was running, race organizer Jock Semple went after Switzer shouting, “Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers.” However, Switzer’s boyfriend and other male runners provided a protective shield during the entire Marathon. These photographs taken of the incident made world headlines.



ha.






No comments:

Post a Comment